- Meghan Markle arrived at St George’s Chapel just before 12 p.m. – and her dress was stunning.
- The sleek, long-sleeve white dress was designed by Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy.
- It featured a five-metre-long silk tulle veil featuring unique embroidered flowers representing all of the Commonwealth countries.
- She paired it with Givenchy shoes and a Cartier bracelet and earrings.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry tied the knot in their highly anticipated royal wedding on Saturday, May 19 – and her dress was stunning.
Markle arrived at St George’s Chapel on Saturday, May 19 just before 12 p.m., accompanied by her mother, Doria Ragland.
Her sleek, long-sleeve, white dress was designed by the acclaimed British designer Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy.
Its off-the-shoulder design featured pure lines “achieved using six meticulously placed seams,” according to Kensington Palace.
“The focus of the dress is the graphic open bateau neckline that gracefully frames the shoulders and emphasises the slender sculpted waist,” a statement went on.
“The lines of the dress extend towards the back where the train flows in soft round folds cushioned by an underskirt in triple silk organza. The slim three-quarter sleeves add a note of refined modernity.”
She completed her outfit with five-metre-long silk tulle long veil and tiara on top of her hair, which was pinned back into a bun and was styled by Serge Normant.
Her make-up was done by long-time friend and make-up artist Daniel Martin.
The veil featured unique hand-embroidered silk thread flowers representing the flora of each Commonwealth country, as per Markle’s request.
“Ms. Markle wanted to express her gratitude for the opportunity to support the work of the Commonwealth by incorporating references to its members into the design of her wedding dress,” the palace stated.
The sewing took hundreds of hours, according to the palace.
It was held in place by Queen Mary’s diamond bandeau tiara, Meghan’s “something borrowed” lent to her by Queen Elizabeth.
She paired her outfit with pointed Givenchy shoes, and Cartier earrings and a bracelet.
Her small bouquet was made up of flowers from the private garden at Kensington Palace to add to the bespoke bridal bouquet designed by florist Philippa Craddock.
With blooms including Forget-Me-Nots, Princess Diana’s favourite flower, the flowers were pulled together with a silk ribbon.
More on the royal wedding:
- Meghan Markle has broken her silence on her family drama – and says her dad definitely isn’t coming to the wedding
- Commoners invited to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding are being asked to bring their own food – and people aren’t happy about it
- Meghan Markle’s dad reportedly staged paparazzi photos and there’s a video that basically proves it
- Meet Meghan Markle’s half-sister Samantha Grant, who recently lashed out at Meghan for being ‘unqualified’
- Meet Meghan Markle’s bridesmaids – all of whom are under 10 years old
You can read all of INSIDER’s royal wedding coverage
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.