- Wednesday night, Meghan Markle was spotted leaving The Mark Hotel in New York City.
- She reportedly had her baby shower at the five-star hotel earlier that day, an unnamed “insider” source told Tatler.
- The duchess wore black leggings, black Adidas sneakers, and a black baseball cap with the word “Rectify” on the front in capital letters.
- According to the style experts at Meghan’s Mirror, a popular fashion blog about the duchess’ outfits, Markle’s hat gave a potential nod to her former “Suits” co-star, Abigail Spencer.
- The cap was reportedly a promotional item for Sundance TV’s “Rectify,” which Spencer also starred in.
Meghan Markle ditched her usual glamorous threads for something much more casual after her reported baby shower in New York City.
Wednesday night, the duchess was spotted leaving The Mark Hotel in Manhattan’s Upper East Side, where her reported shower took place earlier in the day, according to a Tatler article citing an unnamed “insider” source.
Markle looked comfortable in a sand-coloured peacoat, black zip-up shirt, black leggings, and a pair of black Adidas sneakers.
The royal accessorized the athletic ensemble with a large black tote bag by Cuyana and a black baseball cap with the word “Rectify” on the front in capital letters.
According to the style experts at Meghan’s Mirror, a popular fashion blog about the duchess’ outfits,Markle’s hat gave a potential nod to her former “Suits” co-star, Abigail Spencer. The cap was reportedly a promotional item for “Rectify,” a show by Sundance TV that aired for four seasons from 2013 to 2016.
Spencer, who was spotted arriving at The Mark Hotel on Wednesday afternoon wearing what looked like the same hat, played a leading role on “Rectify” for the show’s duration.
According to Tatler’s report, Markle’s baby shower was hosted by Amal Clooney and Serena Williams in The Mark Hotel’s penthouse suite – which, at a rate of $US75,000-per-night, is currently the most expensive hotel suite in the US.
Designed by famed interior designer Jacques Grange, the duplex suite has five bedrooms, a rooftop terrace, a conservatory, two wet bars, a library lounge, and more.
- Read more:
- Meghan Markle stepped out ahead of her reported baby shower in an all-black outfit with matching sunglasses
- Meghan Markle’s friends reportedly threw her a baby shower in New York City. Here’s everything we know about it.
- Meghan Markle is reportedly breaking royal tradition with a second baby shower in the UK
- Meghan Markle’s best outfits during her pregnancy so far
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.