- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have received their first baby gifts.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were presented with a stuffed kangaroo toy and a pair of tiny Ugg boots by Australia’s Governor-General Sir Peter Cosgrove and his wife Lynn.
- The royal couple is in Australia on their first official royal tour since they married in May.
- They have already met a 98-year-old royal superfan and a rather indifferent koala bear.
- You can read all of INSIDER’s coverage of the royal tour here.
In case you missed it, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are in Australia on their first official royal tour since they married in May.
Kensington Palace announced on Monday that Meghan is pregnant and the pair is expecting their first child in Spring 2019.
So far on their trip Down Under, the Duke and Duchess have met an indifferent koala and a not-so-indifferent 98-year-old royal superfan, who has met Prince Harry on his last three trips to the country.
Now, the couple has been presented with their very first baby gifts by Australia’s Governor-General Sir Peter Cosgrove and his wife Lynn.
The Cosgroves gave the royal couple a stuffed kangaroo and an adorably-small pair of Ugg boots.
Here they are handing over the gifts:
Harry and Meghan have been give a kangaroo and its Joey. Our first baby gift! Exclaims Meghan. pic.twitter.com/Lxvc3QQYCh
— Rebecca English (@RE_DailyMail) October 15, 2018
“Our first baby gift!” Meghan can be heard exclaiming in the video, while the prince describes the boots as “awesome.”
The Duke and Duchess’ royal tour will also see them visit Fiji, the Kingdom of Tonga, and New Zealand.
They are following in the footsteps of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, who went on their first royal tour to Australia and New Zealand in 1983.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.