NORDDDB/YouTubeMcDonald’s commissioned the project to pay homage to its restaurants in Sweden with beehives on their rooftops.
- McDonald’s has opened its smallest restaurant in the world as a haven for bees.
- The tiny eatery, which is a fully functioning beehive, was handcrafted by a woodworker and has “room for thousands of important guests,” a video of the product posted Tuesday says.
- The restaurant is complete with a McDonald’s sign, a “drive-thru,” a patio with seating, and advertisements on the windows.
- McDonald’s commissioned the project to pay homage to its restaurants in Sweden with beehives on their rooftops.
- Other McDonald’s franchisees have contributed to efforts to save bees, which have been dying at an alarming rate in recent years, by planting flowers outside their restaurants.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
- Read more:
- Chicken-nugget ice cream made with chopped-up pieces of the McDonald’s food is popping up in Ireland
- 14 photos that show the evolution of McDonald’s Happy Meal
- THEN AND NOW: 34 photos that show how famous fast-food company logos have changed over time
- McDonald’s rejected designs from the ’70s could have completely changed the way the fast-food chain looks today
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.