- McDonald’s is rolling out a new Dollar Menu (as well as a $US2 and $US3 menu) in January.
- The fast-food chain has struggled to win over bargain-shopping customers since killing the Dollar Menu in 2013.
- We have the list of what is on the new Dollar Menu.
McDonald’s new value menu is going to be revolutionary for bargain shoppers.
Starting January 4, McDonald’s is rolling out the “$US1 $US2 $US3 menu” – a new take on its iconic Dollar Menu.
Executives acknowledged that McDonald’s has struggled to attract value-minded customers since killing the Dollar Menu in 2013. While the McPick 2 has helped drive sales over the past year, a new national $US1 menu is a major move to win over customers looking for value.
McDonald’s isn’t the only chain trying to win over bargain shoppers in 2018.Taco Bell announced this week it is expanding its dollar menu with plans to roll out 20 $US1 limited-time offerings throughout 2018, in addition to the 20 $US1 permanent menu items.
Here’s what is on the Dollar Menu 2.0:
$US1 menu items:
- Sausage Burrito
- Any size soft drink
$US2 menu items:
- Sausage McGriddles
- 2-piece Buttermilk Crispy Tenders
- Bacon McDouble
- Small McCafé beverage
$US3 menu items:
- Sausage McMuffin with Egg
- New Classic Chicken Sandwich
- Triple Cheeseburger
- Happy Meal (the first time ever Happy Meals have been on McDonald’s national value menu)
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.