After months of speculation that the fight would never happen followed by weeks of anticipation for how the bout would play out, Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor will finally meet in the ring at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas on Saturday, August 26 for 12 rounds of boxing in what could very well be the biggest pay-per-view in television history.
The schedules for combat events are always loose, and it’s tough to know precisely when Mayweather and McGregor will enter the ring and hear the bell. Chances are the real festivities — including a performance of the national anthem by Demi Lovato and the solo entrances of both fighters to the ring — won’t begin until two hours after the start of the broadcast and the fight itself will start approximately 45 minutes after that.
Below are the start times for the broadcast, and the approximate start times for the entrance by the fighters to the ring and the start of the fight (in that order) for major cities in different time zones:
- New York: 9:00 p.m. ET (broadcast), 11:00 p.m. ET (enter ring), 11:45 p.m. ET (approx. fight start)
- Chicago: 8:00 p.m. CT, 10:00 p.m. CT, 10:45 p.m. CT
- Denver: 7:00 p.m. MT, 9:00 p.m. MT, 9:45 p.m. MT
- Las Vegas: 6:00 p.m. PT, 8:00 p.m. PT, 8:45 p.m. PT
- Los Angeles: 6:00 p.m. PT, 8:00 p.m. PT, 8:45 p.m. PT
- Honolulu: 3:00 p.m. HT, 5:00 p.m. HT, 5:45 p.m. HT
- Sydney: 11:00 a.m. AET, 1:00 p.m. AET, 1:45 p.m. AET
- Tokyo: 10:00 a.m. JT, 12:00 p.m. JT, 12:45 p.m. JT
- Moscow: 4:00 a.m. MSK, 6:00 a.m. MSK, 6:45 a.m. MSK
- Paris: 3:00 a.m. MSK, 5:00 a.m. MSK, 5:45 a.m. MSK
- London: 2:00 a.m. BST, 4:00 a.m. BST, 4:45 a.m. BST
Currently, Mayweather is still the heavy favourite, but 95% of bettors are backing Conor McGregor to give Mayweather the first loss of his career in the mixed martial artist’s first ever professional fight in the boxing ring.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.