Jason LaVeris/FilmMagicMatthew McConaughey showed Stephen Colbert how to make a face mask using household items.
- Matthew McConaughey participated in a virtual interview for “The Late Show With Stephen Colbert” and taught host Stephen Colbert how to create a homemade face mask amid the coronavirus pandemic and shortage of the product.
- The Oscar-winning actor walked Colbert through the steps to make the mask, beginning by folding a “badass” bandana and tucking in a coffee filter to keep germs out.
- The final step is to add two hair ties or rubber bands to secure the mask around the ears.
- McConaughey’s tutorial was inspired by a guide released by the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which outlined how to craft masks using household items.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.