- Matt LeBlanc said a “Friends” fan that was 13 or 14 years old saw him on the street and said: “Oh my god, You’re Joey’s dad!”
- LeBlanc said he responded like a stereotypical old man, saying, “Scram!” to the kid.
- He was speaking on “LIVE with Kelly and Ryan” about the “Friends” revival on Netflix that’s allowing younger people to discover the show.
Want proof that you’re officially old? “Friends” actor Matt LeBlanc says that he was once mistaken for Joey Tribbiani’s dad by a young fan of the show.
LeBlanc, 51, appeared on “LIVE with Kelly and Ryan” on Thursday and reminisced about his days playing the iconic Friends character, a role he had from 1994 to 2004.
Ryan Seacrest brought up the fact that a new generation of young people are discovering the show for the first time because it’s streaming on Netflix.
“I was walking down the street one day, this was a few years ago, this kid, he must have been 13, 14, he’s like, ‘Oh my God, you’re Joey’s dad!'” LeBlanc recalled.
Laughing, LeBlanc said he responded like a stereotypical old man.
“And, my response was, ‘Scram!’ Like an old guy would say,” he said.
He also noted that it’s “unbelievable” that younger fans are discovering the show and that it continues to be so popular with younger people.
- Read more:
- It turns out the alleged thief who went viral for looking like Ross from ‘Friends’ doesn’t actually look anything like David Schwimmer
- 16 pieces of trivia that only true ‘Friends’ fans will know
- Monopoly’s ‘Friends’ board game lets you play as the TV show’s iconic characters
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.