- Joe Biden won in Maryland, per Decision Desk HQ.
- Maryland has voted for a Democrat in nine of the last 12 presidential elections.
- The state has 10 electoral votes.
- Democrats hold nine of the state’s 10 congressional seats.
- See the live coverage and full results from the US presidential election.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Joe Biden won Maryland in the 2020 presidential race, according to Decision Desk HQ.
Maryland has voted Democratic in nine of the last 12 presidential elections, reliably serving as a mainstay of the Democratic nominee’s electoral-vote count.
The state is not home to any competitive down-ballot races in the House or the Senate or for governor.
Control over Maryland’s state government is split: The governor is a Republican, while the Democrats hold both chambers of the state’s Legislature.
In Congress, Maryland’s delegation is majority Democratic, with nine of 10 congressional seats.
The state has 10 electoral votes, and analysts did not expect it to be competitive.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.