- “Spider-Man: Far From Home” received an A Cinemascore from audiences.
- But three Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, including “Avengers: Endgame,” have received A+ Cinemascores.
- The lowest-scored MCU movie, “Thor,” still received a B+.
“Spider-Man: Far From Home” exceeded box-office projections with $US185 million domestically over the six-day holiday week, and has already made $US580 million worldwide. The movie also received an A grade from Cinemascore, which has surveyed audiences during a movie’s opening night for 40 years.
It’s further proof that audiences love the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But there are some MCU movies that viewers have enjoyed most out of the 23 movies so far.
Three of them have received A+ grades from Cinemascore. They are “Avengers: Endgame,” last year’s “Black Panther,” and 2012’s “The Avengers.”
This is the rare instance where critics and audiences agree.
“Endgame” and “Black Panther” are the two most well-reviewed MCU movies on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. The former has a 97% Rotten Tomatoes critic score, and the latter has a 94%. “The Avengers” isn’t far behind with 92%.
But there is one MCU movie that audiences didn’t love like the others: 2011’s “Thor.” But even that still has a B+ Cinemascore. “Thor” isn’t the worst-reviewed MCU movie among critics (that honour goes to the sequel, “Thor: The Dark World,” and “The Incredible Hulk”), but it’s toward the bottom of the list with a 77% Rotten Tomatoes critic score.
- Read more of Business Insider’s ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ coverage
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ soars past its box office projections and earns a huge $US185 million over the long 4th of July weekend
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ director explains the origins of those amazing end-credit scenes
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ director explains the 6 biggest twists in the movie
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ has the biggest Tuesday box office opening of all-time with $US39 million
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ opened strong in China over the weekend, and it shows why Marvel is a more valuable franchise than ‘Star Wars’
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is fun and full of surprises, and will be the box-office hit Sony needs this summer
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.