- Martha Stewart is a connoisseur of entertaining and cooking, especially for the holiday season.
- The celebrity chef and entrepreneur shared her favourite holiday meals with Insider.
- Stewart said she swears by family recipes for potato latkes and mashed potatoes.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
When it comes to hosting family gatherings and preparing memorable holiday meals, few know better than chef, lifestyle mogul, and entrepreneur Martha Stewart.
As part of her partnership with MSC Cruises, the food connoisseur planned excursions and curated holiday menus that were inspired by some of her favourite family recipes.
Stewart recently spoke to Insider and shared her go-to holiday meals, from those trusty family recipes to her reliable side dish pairings.
For Thanksgiving, Stewart serves mashed potatoes with a special ingredient
“It’s a special family recipe that uses cream cheese,” Stewart said of the mashed potato recipe created by her mother.
Along with the potato dish, she said she goes for all the classics – turkey breast, buttered green beans, classic cranberry sauce, and homemade gravy. For dessert, her go-to pie flavour is a classic – pumpkin.
“Thanksgiving is my favourite ‘food holiday,'” she added.
The food connoisseur’s traditional Christmas dinner dish is a prime rib roast
Paired with horseradish cream, white wine-braised leeks, and silky potato purée, Stewart said this entrée is one to remember.
Her favourite dessert for Christmas is bread pudding, and she said she makes individual bread puddings to give as gifts to her guests each year.
“I was excited to incorporate this into the cruise holiday menu. It’s one of my favourite traditions,” Stewart said at a recent MSC Cruises event.
She also looks to her mum’s family recipe to make latkes for Hanukkah
“The potato latke recipe is my mother’s and has beer in the batter. It’s delicious,” Stewart said.
For an elegant presentation, Stewart serves her foolproof fried potato pancakes with a dollop of sour cream and a side of pink applesauce.
- Read more:
- Here’s what 12 Michelin-starred restaurants serve around the holidays
- We tried 3 celebrity Christmas cookie recipes and had a clear favourite
- 15 times Martha Stewart got brutally honest about other celebrities and all of your favourite things
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.