Photo: David Ramos/Getty Images
Monday starts a busy week with some important announcements from China, the U.K., and U.S. There is only one major earnings announcement scheduled for the day. Here’s what you need to know.
- The United Kingdom starts things off at 7:01 p.m. EST with the announcement of the Lloyd’s Business Barometer. The index last stood at -11. A reading below zero indicates pessimism.
- At 11:30 p.m. EST, a reading of the Chinese service industry by HSBC will be released. The index last stood at 52.5. A reading above 50 indicates expansion.
- Announcements go quiet until a series of readings of the service industry is released by Markit Economics starting at 3:15 a.m. EST on Monday morning. The first eurozone country up is Spain, with expectations for its service sector to remain in contraction with a reading of 45.2.
- Swiss retail sales are also scheduled for release at 3:15 a.m. Sales grew 0.6 per cent year-on-year in December. There is no consensus reading presently for January.
- Final readings of French, German and regional eurozone service industries will be released between 3:45 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. EST. Economists currently predict no revisions to any of the data sets, with readings of 50.3, 52.7, and 49.4 for France, Germany and the E.U. region, respectively.
- Italian producer prices are expected to gain 0.6 per cent in January, following a 0.1 per cent rise in December. The announcement is scheduled for 4:00 a.m. EST.
- Eurozone retail sales follow at 5:00 a.m. EST. Regional sales are forecast to fall 0.1 per cent in January and stand 1.5 per cent below last year’s rate.
- U.S. announcements scheduled for the day include factory orders and ISM non-manufacturing, both at 10:00 a.m. EST. Orders are seen declining 1.5 per cent in January, while the non-manufacturing index shows slightly slower growth, declining to 56.3 from 56.8.
Below, the only major earnings announcement scheduled for the day.
Verifone Systems (PAY): $0.52
Consensus estimate provided by Bloomberg.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.