Photo: Marc Gerritsen/Getty Images
Economic announcements are light in the Americas on Monday. Earnings announcements from Halliburton and McDonald’s will likely dominate morning headlines.Here’s what you need to know.
- Taiwan starts things off at 8:30 p.m. on Sunday evening with June’s unemployment report. Economists forecast a 5 basis point increase to 4.3 per cent.
- Australian PPI follows at 9:30 p.m. with expectations for 0.3 per cent sequential increase in the second quarter.
- Announcements go quiet until 3:00 a.m. on Monday morning with Danish consumer confidence. Consumer sentiment is expected to decline 40 basis points to -3 in July.
- Spanish mortgage figures are also scheduled for 3:00 a.m. There is no consensus for the May report.
- Taiwan industrial production hits at 4:00 a.m. Consensus is for a 0.5 per cent year-on-year increase in June.
- Attention shifts to the U.S. at 8:30 a.m. with the Chicago Fed’s National Activity Index. There is no consensus for the June report.
- Eurozone consumer confidence follows at 10:00 a.m. The final June reading is forecast to remain in line with a preliminary reading at -20.
- Closing out the day at 11:30 a.m. is a benchmark interest rate announcement from the Bank of Israel.
Below, the key earnings announcements scheduled for the day.
Halliburton (HAL): $0.75
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE): $0.73
Eaton (ETN): $1.09
Hasbro (HAS): $0.24
McDonald’s (MCD): $1.38
Texas Instruments (TXN): $0.34
VMware (VMW): $0.66
CoreLogic (CLGX): $0.37
Steel Dynamics (STLD): $0.20
Consensus estimates provided by Bloomberg. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.