Photo: Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
Monday is a relatively slow day in terms of economic announcements. Earnings out of Citigroup will be in focus.Here’s what you need to know.
- The U.K. starts things off at 7 p.m. on Sunday evening with a reading of home prices. There is no consensus for the Rightmove report.
- Announcements go quiet until 2:30 a.m. on Monday morning with Indian wholesale prices. Economists forecast prices increased 7.61 per cent in June compared to the year-ago period.
- Swiss industrial production is expected at 3:15 a.m. Forecasts are for an 8.1 per cent sequential decline in the first quarter.
- Italian and Norwegian trade balances hit at 4:00 a.m.
- Eurozone CPI follows at 5:00 a.m. Economists project inflation was flat sequentially in June, for a 1.6 per cent year-on-year rise.
- Attention shifts to the U.S. at 8:30 a.m. with advance retail sales and the Empire Manufacturing Report. Retail sales are expected to improve 0.2 per cent in June, while the Fed index advances to 4 from 2.29.
- Closing out the day at 10:30 a.m. is the business inventories report. Economists forecast inventories increased 0.3 per cent in May.
Below, the key earnings announcements scheduled for the day.
Gannett Co (GCI): $0.53
Citigroup (C): $0.89
JB Hunt Transport Services (JBHT): $0.66
Consensus estimates provided by Bloomberg. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.