Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images
Monday is a relatively slow day in the U.S., with a focus on earnings announcements. On the macro front, markets will be looking to readings of factory output in Spain and Germany, as well as consumer credit in the U.S.Here’s what you need to know.
- Australia starts things off at 7:30 p.m. on Sunday evening with a reading of the construction industry.
- At 9:30 p.m. both retail sales and building approvals for March will be released in Australia. Economists forecast sales improved 0.2 per cent during the month, while approvals increase 3.0 per cent sequentially.
- Swiss unemployment follows at 1:45 a.m. on Monday morning, with expectations for the jobless rate to decline 10 basis points to 3.1 per cent.
- Spanish industrial output is scheduled for 3:00 a.m. Economists anticipate output declined 5.3 per cent year-on-year in March.
- The Taiwan trade balance follows at 4:00 a.m. Exports are seen falling 3.1 per cent compared to year ago levels while the trade balance increases to $2.65 billion in April from $2.36 billion a month earlier.
- At 6:00 a.m. Portuguese industrial sales for March will be announced.
- Also at 6:00 a.m. is a reading of factory orders in Germany. Economists forecast orders increased 0.5 per cent in March from a month earlier.
- Closing out the day at 3:00 p.m. is consumer credit in the U.S., which is projected to have grown by $9.5 billion in March.
Below, the major earnings announcements scheduled for the day.
cognisant Technology Solutions (CTSH): $0.79
Louisiana-Pacific (LPX): -$0.15
Tyson Foods (TSN): $0.39
BroadSoft (BSFT): $0.23
DISH Network (DISH): $0.70
HollyFrontier (HFC): $1.21
Frontier Communications (FTR): $0.05
Sysco (SYY): $0.43
Rackspace Hosting (RAX): $0.17
Electronic Arts (EA): $0.16
Vornado Realty Trust (VNO): $1.77
Dendreon (DNDN): -$0.60
Pitney Bowes (PBI): $0.50
Avis Budget Group (CAR): -$0.01
Consensus estimates provided by Bloomberg. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.