Photo: Julian Finney/Getty Images
Monday slows substantially from the breakneck pace of economic announcements last week. There are no major reports out of the U.S., keeping the focus on Europe.Here’s what you need to know.
- The U.K. starts things off at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday evening with the Lloyds Employment Confidence report. There is no consensus for the July reading, which last came in at -53.
- Taiwan consumer prices follow at 8:30 p.m., with expectations for a 1.95 per cent year-on-year increase.
- Announcements go quiet until Japan’s Coincident Index is released at 1:00 a.m. on Monday morning. Economists project the index fell to 93.9 in June from 95.8 a month earlier.
- U.K. home prices hit at 3:00 a.m. Economists forecast a 0.5 per cent decline sequentially in July.
- Swedish services production is expected at 3:30 a.m. There is no consensus for the report.
- Portuguese industrial production closes out the day at 6:00 a.m.
Below, the key earnings announcements scheduled for the day.
HCA Holdings (HCA): $0.78
Cinemark Holdings (CNK): $0.39
Tyson Foods (TSN): $0.55
Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): -$0.15
BroadSoft (BSFT): $0.21
Goodrich Petroleum (GDP): -$0.14
Chesapeake Energy (CHK): $0.07
Caesars Entertainment (CZR): -$0.96
Leap Wireless International (LEAP): -$0.49
McDermott International (MDR): $0.22
Consensus estimates provided by Bloomberg. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.