Photo: Mark Kolbe/Getty Images
Thursday is jobs day in the U.S. and earnings season maintains its momentum, with key reports out of AIG, GM, and LinkedIn. Here’s what you need to know.
- Spain starts things off at 3:00 a.m. on Wednesday morning with a reading of its unemployment rate. There is no consensus estimate for the July report.
- Swiss retail sales and PMI follow at 3:15 and 3:30 a.m., respectively. The PMI manufacturing headline number is expected to drop to 47 in July from 48.1 a month earlier.
- Norwegian unemployment hits at 4:00 a.m. Expectations are for no change in the jobless rate, remaining at 3.0 per cent in May.
- U.K. construction PMI will be released at 4:30 a.m. Economists forecast a slight uptick to 48.7 in July.
- Eurozone producer prices follow at 5:00 a.m., with forecasts for a 0.4 per cent sequential dip in June.
- The Bank of England will announce any monetary policy changes at 7:00 a.m., however consensus is for no change to the benchmark interest rate (at 0.50 per cent) or asset purchasing program (at £375 billion).
- The European Central Bank follows with its benchmark lending rate at 7:45 a.m. Economists project the rate will remain unchanged, at 0.75 per cent.
- Attention shifts to the U.S. at 8:30 a.m. with initial jobless claims, which are seen increasing to 370,000 during the week ending July 28.
- The ISM-New York report will be released at 9:45 a.m.
- U.S. factory orders close out the day at 10 a.m. Forecasts are for a 0.5 per cent gain in June.
Below, the key earnings announcements scheduled for the day.
Lear (LEA): $1.28
Time Warner Cable (TWC): $1.40
Monster Worldwide (MWW): $0.06
AllianceBernstein (AB): $0.24
Teradata (TDC): $0.65
Sally Beauty Holdings (SBH): $0.38
Cardinal Health (CAH): $0.72
Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI): $0.87
Plains Exploration & Production (PXP): $0.64
Visteon (VC): $0.79
Cigna (CI): $1.42
Duke Energy (DUK): $0.97
Kellogg (K): $0.84
Kraft Foods (KFT): $0.66
Liberty Global (LBTYA): $0.19
Molycorp (MCP): $0.08
Activision Blizzard (ATVI): $0.12
American International Group (AIG): $0.61
Dolby Laboratories (DLB): $0.60
Sunoco (SUN): $0.52
Pitney Bowes (PBI): $0.50
Southwestern Energy (SWN): $0.26
Glu Mobile (GLUU): -$0.04
OpenTable (OPEN): $0.37
CBS (CBS): $0.59
DIRECTV (DTV): $1.14
General Motors (GM): $0.76
Beam (BEAM): $0.54
LinkedIn (LNKD): $0.16
Genesee & Wyoming (GWR): $0.68
Consensus estimates provided by Bloomberg. All times are in Eastern Standard Time.