Mark Mobius of the Templeton Emerging Markets Group (EM fund EMF) spoke to CNBC this morning about the state of EM investing, notably China.
- 0:40 View on China hasn’t changed. Still have a lot in China, but Brazil is top. In the future, great opportunity in China. Lots of opportunity in red chips in Hong Kong.
- 2:10 We’re staying away from property stocks for the most part. Main focus in China on oil, gas, and consumers.
- 2:40 China realises it needs to become like America, where the driver is the domestic market.
- 3:40 The only way to measure the political risk somewhere like Nigeria is on the ground, through conversation. Our biggest investment there is in the banks; this is because regulations have been updated. Investors must focus on individual companies and sectors.
- 4:45 Japanese investors now targeting ASEAN markets, expanding their position. Small and medium cap companies have growing appeal.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.