Brandon Wade/AP ImagesMark Cuban’s firm is looking for professionals passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Mark Cuban Companies, owned by the billionaire investor and NBA Dallas Mavericks’ owner Mark Cuban, is looking to hire employees to support investment in diverse startups.
- On Monday, Cuban shared a job listing for a role on the investment team at the company.
- The post said Mark Cuban Companies is “hiring people from diverse backgrounds to support our due diligence processes as we evaluate new investment opportunities led by minority founders.”
- The company will only consider those who graduated from a “public college/university/junior college or any HBCU [historically black colleges and universities],” according to the job posting.
- Cuban is just the latest leader to emphasise diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- In the wake of the killing of George Floyd, Americans are calling on corporate leaders to take a stronger stance on racial inequality.
- In response, many organisations have released new diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives and programs, and more are hiring for DEI-specific roles.
- To read the full description and apply for the job, click here.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.