Photo: Owen Thomas, Business Insider
Marissa Mayer spoke at the Goldman Sachs technology conference today. Below are our live notes of her talk.Here’s a quick summary of all she talked about:
• Yahoo has 200 million monthly mobile users.
• Yahoo has 60-75 mobile apps, she wants to slash that to 12-15.
• Yahoo and Microsoft need to grow their search business, not just take search share from each other.
• She didn’t sound all that excited to invest in original reporting/content.
• She seemed to attribute the success of Yahoo Sports not to its great content, but to its addictive fantasy football product.
• Mobile email can be a business if the ads are done right. She thinks mobile email still could be better and it’s Yahoo’s job to fix email.
• She has no role model for a CEO.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.