March U.S. auto sales are being released throughout the day.
Analysts estimate a seasonally-adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of sales of 15.4 million units, which compares to 14.1 million a year ago.
“Expect a good month with a forecasted March SAAR of 15.3 million,” said Citi’s Itay Michaeli. “We expect full-size pickup truck sales to rise 15-20%, outpacing the industry.”
So far the numbers are looking encouraging:
- Ford: +5.7 per cent, estimate +4.4 per cent
- GM: +6.4 per cent, est. +12.0 per cent
- Chrysler: +5 per cent, est. +3.0 per cent
- Toyota: +1 per cent, est. +1.6 per cent
- Nissan/Infiniti: +1 per cent, est. -2.1 per cent
- Volkswagon: +3.1 per cent, est. n/a
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.