Marc Faber spoke with CNBC about the state of emerging markets and, notably, frontier markets. He mainly focused on the potential of Mongolia and Ivanhoe Mines, of which he is a director.
- 0:30 Frontier markets offer a lot of potential now that many emerging markets are becoming developed.
- 1:10 Mongolia is seeing very strong growth, and could be the “Saudi Arabia of Asia”, with 2 million people, massive area, and a tremendous amount of resources.
- 2:20 There are several funds emerging to invest in Mongolia and Ivanhoe Mines also offer opportunity.
- 3:00 Ivanhoe has three risks: Mongolian risks, commodity collapse risks, and its relationship with Rio Tinto
- 5:00 We’re going to have a further decline into October in the U.S., and if we fall too far we’ll see a massive stimulus response
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.