New Dakotas/YouTubeMalia Obama.
- Malia Obama made her first music video appearance for the New Dakotas’ song “Walking On Air.”
- She doesn’t seem to be in the video anymore.
- She originally appeared at the 1:40 mark in the video.
- Now, that part in the video and song are skipped over.
- When she appeared in the video, Obama lip synced, danced, and played the harmonica.
- The video concept is easy to follow: The band has fired its lead singer and is looking for a replacement.
- Obama was one of the hopefuls, but – spoiler alert – it doesn’t seem like she got the spot.
- The video is cute and the song is so catchy that it might just get stuck in your head all weekend.
- The Hill reported that all members of the band attend Harvard University, just as Obama does. How college!
- Watch the full music video below.
This post has been udpated.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.