- Every year, “Madden NFL” rates the skills of nearly 3,000 professional players based on more than 50 different attributes.
- The creators of “Madden NFL 20” say they want the game to feel more realistic this year, leading to lower ratings overall and larger gaps between NFL superstars and average players.
- Just four players managed to earn a 99 overall rating, the game’s highest possible player score. Seven players made the “99 Club” last year.
- “Madden NFL 20” is out now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
“Madden” has been the top football video game for more than a decade, and each year, the development team at Electronic Arts rates thousands of NFL players based on more than 50 different attributes.
The NFL is now filled with a generation of players who grew up playing “Madden,” and many players pay close attention to their score as a point of pride.
The creators of “Madden NFL 20” said they want the game to feel more realistic this season, leading to lower ratings overall and larger skill gaps between superstars and average players. The game’s highest possible rating is a 99 overall, but only a select few players make it into the coveted “99 Club” each year. The game is out now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Only four players in “Madden NFL 20” earned a 99 overall rating, and three of them are defensive superstars. That could change as the season progresses, since Madden offers weekly ratings adjustments during the course of the season based on player performance.