- Macy’s is closing 13 stores in total in 2019. Four of these locations were recently announced, while some of the remaining stores have already closed.
- These store closings are part of a round of planned closures announced in August 2016.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Macy’s is closing more stores.
After announcing nine store closings at the end of 2018, the retailer has added a further four to the list.
These are part of a round of planned closures that were announced in August 2016.
Macy’s said at the time that it would close 100 stores, and since then it has been shuttering these locations as their leases expire.
Here’s a list of the Macy’s newest store closings:
- Macy’s at Northbrook Court, Northbrook, Illinois
- Macy’s at Northgate Mall, Seattle, Washington
- Macy’s at University Mall, Orem, Utah
- Macy’s Home & Kids store at Cambridgeside, Cambridge, Massachusetts
The first three stores kicked off clearance sales in May; these will last for roughly eight to 12 weeks.
Macy’s Home & Kids Cambridgeside store will close in mid-2019 and some of its inventory will be sold at a Macy’s full-line store in the same mall.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.