- Macy’s stock rose 4% to $US21.45 on Black Friday, outperforming other large retailers.
- CEO Jeff Gennette said on CNBC the company had “very robust online demand” on Black Friday this year.
- Gennette said the company is doing better this year than last year but has a lot of work to do if it wants to post a good holiday quarter.
- The stock is struggling amidst an ongoing retail apocalypse and is down 39.01% this year.
- “We have got to earn our dollar every day,” Gennette told CNBC.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.