- MacKenzie Bezos is now Amazon‘s second-largest individual shareholder, following her divorce from Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
- With 19.7 million shares, MacKenzie Bezos now holds a 4% stake in Amazon, worth $US37 billion.
- She is now the third-wealthiest woman in the world, according to Forbes.
- In their divorce agreement, it was decided that Jeff Bezos would keep 75% of the Amazon holdings co-owned by the couple, and that he would maintain voting control over her stake in the company.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Regulatory filings show that Jeff Bezos transferred some 19.7 million Amazon shares to MacKenzie Bezos, as Bloomberg reports. That transfer brought Jeff Bezos’ ownership stake in the company from 16% down to 12%, with the 4% of difference going to MacKenzie, according to USA Today.
Those filings were in relation to stock sales made by Jeff Bezos during the last 3 days of July, in which he sold more than 965,000 Amazon shares, worth $US1.8 billion.
This news is right in line with the divorce agreement that Jeff Bezos and MacKenzie Bezos announced in April, wherein Jeff would keep 75% of the Amazon holdings co-owned by the couple, and would retain voting control over MacKenzie’s stake in the company. MacKenzie Bezos also agreed to grant Jeff Bezos her interests in the Washington Post and Blue Origin. The divorce was finalised in early July.
Jake Kanter and Paige Leskin contributed to this report.