A set of photos is making its way around the internet that shows what could be the next-generation MacBook Pro’s body.
The pictures, obtained by Cult of Mac, are reportedly from a manufacturer in China and show an incomplete chassis sporting several major changes from the current MacBook Pro.
More photos are available from Cult of Mac. The chassis details line up with recent MacBook Pro rumours.
Here are a few things to look for in these purported shots:
- Where the function keys on the keyboard usually go, there’s a cutout, which suggests that it will be replaced by a touchscreen pad, as has been rumoured.
- Other photos suggest that Apple will replace all of the connectors with four next-generation USB-C ports.
- In the corner where the power button goes, Apple could possibly add a Touch ID fingerprint sensor.
- There’s a hole for what looks like a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Cult of Mac suggests that the MacBook Pro will adopt the MacBook’s new, thinner keyboard and trackpad.
- Apple appears to have moved the speakers to the side of the keyboard.
Reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo suggests that the refreshed MacBook Pro will hit the market in the fourth quarter of 2016.