- Lowe’s is ditching the traditional Black Friday playbook this year.
- The home-improvement retailer will offer deals on merchandise from Friday, November 29 to Wednesday, December 4.
- Lowe’s will still seek to entice Black Friday shoppers with a lucrative sweepstakes for a $US500 in-store gift card.
- Sign up for Business Insider’s retail newsletter, The Drive-Thru.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Lowe’s is once again eschewing the traditional holiday model by offering special deals for nearly a whole week after Black Friday.
Much like last year, the home-improvement retailer won’t just be touting bargains on the day after Thanksgiving. Discounts will be offered in stores from Black Friday through Wednesday, December 4, giving shoppers nearly a whole week to pursue different deals.
Online deals on Lowe’s products are already available to shoppers on the company’s website, including discounts on tools, appliances, and holiday decor.
But that’s not to say the home-improvement giant doesn’t have any incentives lined up for Black Friday shoppers.
While Lowe’s warehouses will remain closed on Thanksgiving, stores will open at 6 a.m. on Black Friday this year. Lowe’s will enter its first 300 Black Friday shoppers into a sweepstakes for a $US500 gift card, valid for that day only. The first 300 shoppers will also have the chance to win a coupon for $US10 off a $US50 in-store purchase on Black Friday.
Lowe’s decision to stretch its deals out throughout the holiday season is just another clear indicator of the rapid decline of Black Friday itself, as brick-and-mortar retailers continue to woo shoppers used to the convenience of e-commerce.
Now tell us what you think!
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.