LONDON — The BBC has published a video of a woman who fell off Westminster Bridge and into the River Thames as a terrorist drove a speeding car along the pavement.
The woman was pulled alive from the river. It is not known whether she jumped or was thrown over the bridge rail due to the impact of the oncoming car. She is being treated for serious injuries.
Earlier today, a spokesman for the Port of London Authority said: “A female member of the public was recovered from the water near Westminster Bridge. She is alive but undergoing urgent medical treatment on a nearby pier. We believe she fell from the bridge.”
Here is the video. However, be warned the video may be distressing for some:
— Conflict News (@Conflicts) March 22, 2017
Scotland Yard confirmed around 10.30 p.m. GMT on Wednesday that five people, including a police officer, died and at least 40 were injured in what is being investigated as a terror attack in Westminster, London.
A lone assailant mowed down dozens of pedestrians on Westminster Bridge in a 4X4 car, before killing a police officer with a knife in the grounds of Parliament just after 2.30 p.m. GMT.
More from Business Insider UK:
- We visited Amazon’s first neighbourhood bookstore and saw how it could change the industry for good (AMZN)
- ‘A body blow to the investigation’: Democrats slam GOP investigator over disclosure of Trump wiretap claims
- Rolex unveiled a new watch that’s shinier than anything we’ve seen from the brand before
- Confusion over identity of Westminster terror attack suspect
- Tesla’s business just got much more complicated (TSLA)
NOW WATCH: ‘I’m not Inspector Gadget’: Kellyanne Conway refutes claims that she suggested Trump’s team may have been spied on with microwaves
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.