The Australian Financial Review has a story today on the pay-packets of Australia’s chairmen.
While salaries have declined by 3.5% to an average of $481,000 (down from almost $500,000) the heads of Australia’s boards still take home a tidy pay cheque.
Here is a list of highest-paid non-executive director roles in the country in 2012, most of whom are chairman:
- Rio Tinto chairman Jan du Plessis on $1,288,018
- BHP Billiton chairman Jac Nasser on $1,154,267
- Commonwealth Bank chairman David Turner on $831,619
- Macquarie Group chairman Kevin McCann on $825,000
- ANZ chairman John Morchel on $790,949
- Lynas Corp non-executive director William Forde on $785,645
- NAB chairman Michael Chaney on $770,000
- IAG chairman Brian Schwartz on $755,000
- Westfield chairman Frank Lowy on $750,000
- Woodside Petroleum chairman Michael Chaney on $726,000
There is more on the story here.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.