LinkedIn already has a lease on a 26-story San Francisco high rise, but obviously that hasn’t stopped the professional networking service from dreaming of a Googleplex of its own.
In February, LinkedIn submitted a proposal for developing 1.6 million square feet of office space in Mountain View, California at 1500 N. Shoreline Boulevard. LinkedIn and its development partner SyWest have designed a hybrid campus and green space with some perks for the public. Packed with everything from a movie theatre to a basketball court, the proposed campus resembles a miniature village.
Here are some of the amenities that LinkedIn’s campus will include if all goes according to plan:
- A new bike/pedestrian bridge over Highway 101.
- An 88,500 square foot, two-level Century Theatre with 15 auditoriums.
- A VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa, which has an NBA-sized basketball court, fire pit, bar lounge and outdoor and indoor pools.
- Geothermal heat exchange systems and vegetated roof systems.
- 5 campus buildings with parking that can be used by the public during weekend events.
- A “LinkedIn Opportunity Center” to help Mountain View residents with job seeking skills and “improve access to economic opportunity”. It will also be a place for nonprofits to hold classes on site. LinkedIn estimated its operating costs at $US400,000 per year.
- 50,000 square feet of retail for local businesses with rent subsidies of $US3 million per year.
The city of Mountain View will vote tomorrow on whether LinkedIn will get a shot at developing its campus.
LinkedIn did not respond to a request for comment about its new campus.
Check out some of the renderings LinkedIn’s proposed headquarters below: