LinkedIn has volunteered your name and photograph to be used for advertising if it feels like it wants to use them.
Here’s how to opt out, via BrandImpact:
- Click on your name on your LinkedIn homepage in the upper right corner. From the drop-down menu, select “Settings.”
- On the “Settings” page, select “Account.”
- In the column next to “Account,” click “Manage Social Advertising.”
- Uncheck the box next to “LinkedIn may use my name, photo in social advertising.”
- Now check the new default settings under “E-mail Preferences” and “Groups, Companies & Applications.” Make sure to opt out of “Data Sharing with 3rd-party applications” as well.