- The 2020 Oscar nominee gift bag is the most expensive one yet, being worth more than $US215,000.
- Distinctive Assets is the LA-based company behind the gift bags, and its founder Lash Fary told Reuters that it includes a 24-carat gold-plated vape pen inspired by Leonardo DiCaprio’s love of vaping.
- DiCaprio has been photographed vaping several times over the past few years, including at the 2016 SAG Awards red carpet.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The eyebrow-raising price tag of the 2020 Oscar nominee gift bag is over $US225,000. Included in that is a 24-carat gold-plated vape pen – and the inspiration for its placement is none other than nominee Leonardo DiCaprio.
DiCaprio is nominated for Actor in a Leading Role for his performance in “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.” LA-based company Distinctive Assets put the nominees’ gift bags together for the Oscars each year, and founder Lash Fary told Reuters that the vape inclusion was thanks to DiCaprio’s well-documented love of vaping.
“I only give this to the top acting and directing nominees. So, because we’re only gifting about 25 people, that means I get the most insanely priced things,” Fary told Reuters.
DiCaprio has been photographed over the years vaping, and in this case, his use of a vape on the 2016 SAG Awards red carpet may have been the direct inspiration for the gold-plated edition in the 2020 Oscars gift bag.
— E! News (@enews) January 27, 2019
But DiCaprio uses a vape outside of formal events, too. He’s been photographed outside vaping in New York City during a bike ride excursion, at sporting events, and more.
Other items in the 2020 Oscars gift bag include a $US78,000 12-day yacht cruise, $US20,000 of facial rejuvenation treatments, and $US20,000 in matchmaking services. The massive bags of goodies will be delivered to each recipient in the week leading up to the awards show.
- Read more:
- Leonardo DiCaprio landed an Oscar nomination this year and has an estimated net worth of $US260 million. Here’s how he got there.
- Inside the $US215,000 Oscar gift bag for 2020
- Even Leonardo DiCaprio has ‘no idea’ what happened at the end of Christopher Nolan’s ‘Inception’
- Our predictions for the 2020 Oscars – who will win, who should win, and who could surprise