- The first “Fast & Furious” Lego set is coming next month.
- The Lego Technic set is a 1:13 scale replica of Dom’s iconic 1970 Dodge Charger R/T from the franchise.
- It’s 1,077 pieces and is recommended for ages 10 and up. It retails for $US99.99.
- You can pre-order the Lego set now here at Lego.com. It will be available on April 27, 2020.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
We may not be getting the next instalment to the “Fast & Furious” franchise this year anymore, but you can still live your life a quarter mile at a time from the comfort of your living room.
On Monday, LegoGroup and Universal Brand Development unveiled a 1,077-piece replica set of Dominic Toretto’s iconic 1970 Dodge Charger R/T.
It’s the first Lego set inspired by the franchise and it couldn’t have come at a better time. For everyone practicing social distancing and staying at home, this may be the perfect way to spend some time.
The Lego Technic set is 1:13 scale authentic replica of the car fans see in the movie.
“We worked really closely with the Universal team to bring Dom’s Dodge Charger to life in the most minute detail to inspire ‘Fast & Furious’ fans and Lego Technic builders around the world,” said Samuel Tacchi who designed the set for Lego Technic in a press release.
Dom’s Dodge Charger opens to show off its V8 engine and the trunk holds nitro bottles in the trunk to give the car an extra kick. The set also comes with a non-working fire extinguisher to keep upfront.
The 1,077-piece set is recommended for ages 10 and up and retails for $US99.99.
You can pre-order the set right now at Lego.com here. It will be available globally starting on April 27, 2020. The next instalment of “The Fast and the Furious,” “F9,” will be in theatres next year in April of 2021.
- Read more:
- The 19 biggest questions we have after watching the ‘Fast & Furious 9’ trailer over and over again
- ‘Fast & the Furious 9’ appears to bring back a beloved character fans thought was dead and people can’t stop cheering
- Ben Stiller is not joining the next ‘Fast and Furious’ movie, despite reports
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.