- The Leela Palace Udaipur – a picturesque lakeside resort in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India – was voted the best hotel in the world by Travel + Leisure readers this year.
- The Leela Palace Udaipur lures visitors from far and wide with its beautiful scenery, personalised accommodations, and luxurious amenities.
- The hotel boasts 72 rooms and eight suites, multiple upscale restaurants, and a world-class spa.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
The Leela Palace Udaipur – a picturesque lakeside resort in Rajasthan, India – has been voted the best hotel in the world by Travel + Leisure readers.
The stunning, modern-day palace lures visitors from far and wide with its beautiful scenery, personalised accomodations, and luxurious amenities.
Leela Palace Udaipur also boasts 72 rooms and eight suites, as well as multiple upscale restaurants and a world-class spa.
Check out 20 photos showing what it’s like to stay at The Leela Palace Udaipur.
Welcome to The Leela Palace Udaipur, a stunning, 80-room resort in Udaipur, Rajasthan, India.
The hotel, which sits on the banks of Lake Pichola, was just voted the best hotel in the world by Travel + Leisure readers.
Guests can see the lake during a luxurious boat transfer provided by the resort.
And once they reach the shore, guests navigate stunning koi ponds and pristine gardens on their way into the palace.
Guests are greeted at the door, and the opulence of the hotel is evident upon first glance.
When they reach reception, guests quickly see that “the staff will go above and beyond” to organise their accommodations and excursions, according to Travel + Leisure.
Source: Travel + Leisure
Standard rooms, including some that overlook Lake Pichola, still boast lavish accommodations.
But the hotel’s suites are truly magnificent.
Combining modern elegance with traditional Indian style, the Maharaja Suite — the most extravagant at the resort — boasts 3,585 square feet of space complete with a living room, study, dining room, and master bedroom with a walk-in closet.
And if you’re looking for a relaxed and romantic atmosphere, the in-suite king-size bathtub and Jacuzzi almost certainly will not disappoint.
But all of this luxury costs a pretty penny: $US9,914 per night, to be exact.
Source: The Leela
Once guests get hungry, they have a variety of dining options to choose from.
For fine dining, the hotel’s Sheesh Mahal rooftop restaurant has an authentic and upscale Indian menu with stunning views of Rajasthan’s heritage city and Lake Pichola.
And in the morning, guests can enjoy a champagne breakfast with the same breathtaking scenery.
When they get thirsty, patrons can head to the walk-in wine cellar at The Dining Room.
Or they can visit The Library Bar for cognacs and single malts as wells as wine and champagne.
Guests can also achieve peak relaxation at the resort’s spa by ESPA, which offers personalised holistic treatments that come with a tea ritual.
And the pool area is equally as luxurious as the rest of the hotel.
If visitors are ever inclined to leave the hotel grounds, they can explore Udaipur, otherwise known as “Venice of the East.” Sites like the City Palace and 18th-century Sajjangarh Fort are located nearby.
Source: The Leela
Rooms at The Leela Palace Udaipur start at $US991, or 68,000 Indian Rupees per night.
- Read more:
- 13 photos of a dreamy remote island in the Philippines that was just voted the best in the world
- The 15 best cities in the world, ranked
- 22 photos that show what it’s like to eat at the lavish Swiss restaurant voted the world’s best by private jet fliers
- Take a look inside the 5 destinations that have just been named UNESCO world heritage sites
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.