Photo: Wikimedia Commons
Georgetown University Law centre received more applications in 2011 than any other law school in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.Here are the five schools that received the most applications, along with their overall ranking in U.S. News & World Report:
- Georgetown University Law School received 9,413 applications and ranked 13
- George Washington University received 7,846 applications and ranked 20
- Columbia University received 7,459 applications and ranked 4
- University of Virginia received 7,379 applications and ranked 7
- University of California, Los Angeles received 7,328 applications and ranked 15
The top 3 law schools in the nation—respectively: Yale, Stanford, and Harvard—didn’t even make the top 10 for most applicants.
Why aren’t the most prestigious schools most popular with applicants? We’re not sure, but would welcome your comments below.
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.