- The sudden departure of the head of the investment banking unit at Barclays in March 2019 set of a chain of departures, promotions, and changes.
- Business Insider reports regularly on the latest developments at Barclays. You can read our stories by subscribing to BI Prime.
Barclays in early 2019 dropped a bombshell when it announced that investment-banking head Tim Throsby would step down.
Here’s what we know about what’s going on inside the bank, from the fallout after Throsby’s surprise departure to mounting pressure on CEO Jes Staley to deliver what some say are lofty earnings goals.
- A Barclays exec who just made MD is the latest to leave amid a shakeup at the London bank
- Leaked memo details the new power structure in Barclays sales and trading division – capping a dizzying few months of an executive shakeup
- Ousted exec Tim Throsby sent an email to Barclays’ CEO calling his plans ‘irreconcilable’ and destructive
- Barclays held an ad hoc town-hall meeting to calm staff shocked by the sudden departure of their boss – but a key exec was conspicuously absent
- Barclays senior executive Art Mbanefo is leaving the bank following a major shakeup
- Leaked Barclays memo says another senior exec is leaving in wake of investment bank chief’s sudden departure
- Barclays just lost 2 more executives as Ravi Singh departs after only 4 months
- Barclays is culling senior staff on the heels of a management overhaul – just a month after the bank said ‘no plans for job cuts’
- Barclays has a new COO as part of a management shakeup that reshuffled 3 senior execs
- Barclays just made its interim head of global markets permanent as its management reshuffle continues
- Barclays just named its new crop of managing directors – here is the list
Pressure on costs and returns
- One burning question kept coming up on the Barclays earnings call – and it’s a sign pressure is mounting on a high-stakes bet made by CEO Jes Staley
- The star investor in ‘The Big Short’ has a new short against Barclays – and is ramping up bearish bets on banks
- The Barclays activist investor who wanted a seat on the board just got trounced in a shareholder vote
Get the latest Barclays stock price here.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.