- Lady Gaga arrived at the 2019 Met Gala on Monday wearing a hot-pink gown.
- She then went through multiple outfit changes on the red carpet and added extra makeup and accessories in between.
- At one point during her performance, the musician took multiple rings from a box and put them on her fingers.
- One ring had a striking resemblance to her engagement ring from former fiancé Christian Carino, though it was actually from Tiffany & Co, according to E News.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Lady Gaga made a showstopping entrance at the 2019 Met Gala on Monday, held annually at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
The multihyphenate star arrived wearing a large hot-pink gown, but quickly changed into two other dresses. She later removed both layers to reveal a sparkly bra and jeweled tights, and even made time to accessorize.
She applied extra lipstick in between one set of outfits, and then took colourful rings out of a box and wore them for the remainder of her performance. One ring, in particular, stood out from the rest, as it closely resembled her engagement ring from a former fiancé.
Specifically, the pink diamond she wore on her pinky finger looked a lot like the engagement ring previously given to her by former fiancé Christian Carino. It was estimated to have been worth $US300,000.
Gemologist and diamond expert Grant Mobley previously told INSIDER that Gaga’s “timeless design” featured a rare, high-quality stone, and was possibly a “pink sapphire around six carats, surrounded by a halo of round diamonds looking to be around three carats in total.”
Lady Gaga and Carino started dating in February 2017 and confirmed their engagement in October 2018. However, the couple split after two years of dating in February 2019.
However, according to E! News, the gem simply resembled her previous engagement ring and was one of five rings designed by Tiffany & Co. and worn by Lady Gaga on the Met Gala red carpet.
In total, Lady Gaga is said to have worn more than $US2 million worth of jewellery on Monday night.
- Read more:
- The 20 best Met Gala after-party looks celebrities wore
- The 38 best – and wildest – hair and makeup looks celebrities wore to the 2019 Met Gala
- Here’s what all your favourite celebrities wore to the 2019 Met Gala
- Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas made their red-carpet debut as newlyweds in coordinating outfits at the Met Gala
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.