- Kylie Jenner said she went “all-out” for her daughter’s third birthday party on Monday.
- The Kardashian sisters posted several photos of the event, held at Jenner’s Los Angeles mansion.
- Los Angeles county currently prohibits “all public and private gatherings of any number of people.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Kylie Jenner celebrated her daughter’s third birthday on Monday with lavish decor and several guests, breaking COVID-19 safety protocols.
“Stormi World 3 is cancelled for obvious reasons,” Jenner said in a video on her Instagram story. “But I still went all-out for Stormi at my house, and we are just doing a cousin party with all her cousins and the family, which will be still just as amazing.”
The makeup mogul went on to share several photos of the princess-themed event â€” including a video of herself with Stormi’s father, Travis Scott, and other guests singing “happy birthday” without wearing masks.
California currently has a mask mandate in place for individuals “outside of the home,” unless a person is “alone or solely with members of their own household.”
Another angle of the same moment, posted by Caitlyn Jenner’s close friend Sophia Hutchins, showed a larger group of maskless people.
All four of Jenner’s older sisters â€” Kourtney Kardashian, Kim Kardashian West, Khloe Kardashian, and Kendall Jenner â€” also posted photos and videos of the party at Jenner’s Los Angeles mansion.
LA has seen more coronavirus cases and deaths than any other county in the US. One person in LA dies from COVID-19 every six minutes, according to a January 14 report from NBC News.
California lifted its stay-at-home order for LA last week, but still directed Angelenos to “minimise contact with others as much as possible.”
LA county currently prohibits “all public and private gatherings of any number of people.”
“Private gatherings are defined as social situations that bring together people from different households at the same time in a single space or place,” according to a public order issued on Friday. “When people from different households mix, the risk of COVID-19 transmission increases.”
Jenner, her sisters, and her close friends â€” including Anastasia “Stassie” Karanikolaou and Victoria Villarroel â€” recently returned from a “girls trip” in Turks and Caicos.
- Read more:
- A ‘perfect storm’ of pandemic fatigue, crowded housing, and a new variant turned LA into a coronavirus epicentre
- Fans are accusing Kylie Jenner of ‘cashing in on the pandemic’ by releasing a new $US7 hand sanitizer through her skin-care brand
- People are dragging Kim Kardashian for describing life as ‘paradise’ on a day the US recorded a record number of COVID-19 deaths
- 2020 proved the ‘relatable’ celebrity was always a myth
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.