- A woman named Julia Carolan rated her interactions with celebrities during her time as a hostess in New York City in two TikTok videos.
- Carolan gave the beauty mogul and reality-TV star Kylie Jenner a rating of 2/10.
- “She was fine, but she tipped $US20 on a $US500 dinner bill,” Carolan said. “Do with that information what you will.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
A former New York City hostess rating celebrity behaviour at restaurants said Kylie Jenner once tipped $US20 on a $US500 bill.
In two videos recently posted on TikTok, Julia Carolan spoke about her encounters with A-listers during her time as a hostess. Carolan didn’t name the restaurants her interactions happened at.
A LinkedIn profile that appears to belong to Carolan says she worked at Tao (which has downtown and uptown locations) from April 2017 to January 2018 and Nobu Downtown from April 2018 to January 2019. It says that Carolan is now a model for State Management and that she was most recently an account coordinator at Articulate Productions.
In the first video, Carolan gave Jenner a 2/10 rating.
“She was fine, but she tipped $US20 on a $US500 dinner bill,” Carolan said. “Do with that information what you will.”
@juliacarolannThese are just my personal experiences, pls take with a grain ofsalt xo ##greenscreen##manhattan##fyp##foryoupage##celebrity##rating##newyork
She captioned the video: “These are just my personal experiences, pls take with a grain of salt.”
Jenner, 22, who rose to fame on the reality-TV show “Keeping Up With the Kardashians,” has developed her own empire over the years. She launched Kylie Cosmetics in 2015, beginning with lip kits that sold out rapidly. The brand has since expanded to other makeup products and skincare items and collaborations with her famous family members.
Jenner appeared on the cover of Forbes in 2018 and was named the 27th-richest self-made woman in the United States; people took issue with the term “self-made” since Jenner grew up in a famous family in Hollywood. In 2019, Forbes named Jenner, then 21, the youngest self-made billionaire, though in May the magazine retracted the claim.
Carolan also gave Jenner’s sister Kendall Jenner a 4/10, saying the model “used to come in all the time and was pretty cold toward staff.”
She concluded by giving Beyoncé a rating of 10,000,000/10.
@juliacarolannAsk and you shall receive…PART 2 (a friendly reminder thatthese are just my personal experiences, no hate xo) ##manhattan##celebrity##fyp
A representative for Kylie Jenner declined to comment.
- Read more:
- Donnie Wahlberg and Jenny McCarthy left an IHOP waitress a $US2,020 tip on a $US78 bill
- McDonald’s says Drake gave 2 of its employees $US100 tips, not $US10,000 as was previously reported
- Jimmy Fallon paid a table’s $US1,136 restaurant tab just because they didn’t bother him during dinner
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.