Photo: Image courtesy of Hayman Capital
Foam mattress maker Tempur-Pedic announced today that it is acquiring Sealy for $1.3 billion.Shares of Sealy were last trading up 4.9%. Shares of Tempur-Pedic were last trading up more than 13%.
Earlier this month, Texan hedge fund manager Kyle Bass, the founder of Hayman Capital, snapped up a big stake in Sealy, an SEC 13G filing shows.
Hayman Capital disclosed that it had purchased 5,644,245 shares of Sealy, or a 5.9% stake, the filing shows.
According to Guru Focus, Hayman bought the stock at the average price of $2.04.
Here’s a rundown of some other hedge funds with big stakes in Sealy, according to data compiled by Bloomberg citing 13F regulatory filings for the second quarter ended 6/30/2012.
- H Partners (~17.28 million shares or a 16.63% stake)
- Altai Capital Management (~5.64 million shares or a 5.43% stake)
- Lonestar Capital (713,368 shares or 0.69%)
- Whitebox Advisors (499,565 shares or 0.48% stake)
- Renaissance Technologies (423,900 shares or 0.41% stake)
Bass is known for famously shorting the subprime housing market. Learn more about him here >
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.