- Kris Jenner responded to backlash over daughter Kendall Jenner’s crowded and apparently mask-free birthday party on a new episode of “Andy Cohen Live.”
- “All we can do is live our lives the best way we know how and be responsible and do the right thing,” Kris said.
- According to Kris, every guest in attendance at Kendall’s party was given a coronavirus rapid test “before they walked in the door,” and then had to wait for their results before entering.
- “We are really responsible and we make sure that everyone in our family and our closest friends are tested religiously,” Kris said.
- “So, you know, we do what we can, we try to follow the rules,” she added.
Kris Jenner defended Kendall Jenner’s seemingly crowded and mask-free birthday party on a new episode of SiriusXM’s “Andy Cohen Live.”
“We’re dealing with lots of people that have different opinions and all we can do is live our lives the best way we know how, and be responsible and do the right thing,” Kris said in response to a question from host Andy Cohen about the birthday backlash.
The Kardashian-Jenner matriarch said she’s “very sensitive” to the ongoing pandemic, and that she and her family get tested regularly.
She also explained how guests were tested for Kendall’s party this past weekend.
“At Kendall’s everyone got tested before they walked in the door and they had to wait, you know, a half an hour until the testing was, the results were in,” Kris said.
“We are really responsible and we make sure that everyone in our family and our closest friends are tested religiously,” she continued. “So, you know, we do what we can, we, we try to follow the rules.”
“And then if people are, you know, they’re commenting and they’re being critical, I can’t control thatâ€¦ And I try to do the best we can,” Kris said.
Kris’ comments come after people called out Kendall on social media for apparently flouting social-distancing guidelines at her Halloween-themed birthday bash.
The model, who turned 25 on Tuesday, celebrated her birthday early â€” and clips from the event posted to social media appeared to show guests dancing close to one another and partying without masks.
Many Twitter users took issue with Jenner and her guests appearing to behave as though the coronavirus pandemic was nonexistent, while others expressed suspicion at the party’s apparent “no social media rule.”
The Kardashian-Jenner family has been called out numerous times throughout the pandemic for irresponsible and “out of touch” behaviour like going clubbing and saying they rented a private island to “pretend things were normal.”
- Read more:
- People are calling out Kendall Jenner for seemingly flouting social-distancing guidelines at her star-studded birthday party
- Kanye West got Kim Kardashian a hologram of her deceased father for her birthday and it quickly became a meme
- Kim Kardashian is being roasted on Twitter after saying she rented a private island to ‘pretend things were normal’
- People are calling out Kylie Jenner for trying to ‘look more like original Khloe’ after appearing unrecognizable in new photos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.