- As of September 8, 2020, Kohl’s is rolling out a new rewards program, aptly named Kohl’s Rewards.
- Kohl’s Rewards is replacing Yes2You Rewards, the company’s previous membership program.
- Members of the new program earn 5% Kohl’s Rewards on every purchase, converted into Kohl’s Cash on the first of every month.
- It’s free to join, and you can do so online or in stores.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories
Kohl’s launched its new rewards program (after years of testing in select markets) on September 8, and it’s worth looking into. With major deals events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up around the corner, free enrollment in a program like Kohl’s Rewards can help turn your big purchases into free money.
How do I join?
Enrollment into the program is easy: just sign up online or in store. It’s free to join, and just requires an email and phone number to do so. Members of the previous program, Yes2You Rewards, are automatically rolled into the new program, as are any existing rewards points.
How does it work?
- Earn 5% Kohl’s Rewards on every purchase, no minimum amount of spending required.
- Within 48 hours of purchase, earnings will be added to your membership balance.
- On the first of every month, receive your Rewards balance in $US5 Kohl’s Cash increments via email.
- Spend your Kohl’s Cash on anything in store, through the Kohl’s App, or online within 30 days of issuance. No brands are excluded.
- Additionally, shop during a Kohl’s Cash earn period to earn an extra $US10 of Kohl’s Cash for every $US50 you spend.
Should I join?
Kohl’s Rewards may not be an essential service for everyone, but you don’t have to be an avid Kohl’s fan to benefit from enrollment; it’s a profitable program for any deals-minded shopper. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are coming up on the horizon, and if you have any intention of buying while the discounts are plenty, 5% back on all purchases will add up quickly. Kohl’s has a history of offering robust holiday deals on bedding, apparel, and most importantly, small home appliances.
However, it’s important to note that Kohl’s Cash expires if it’s not used within the redemption window, which is 30 days after it’s issued. If you receive it on the first of October, you’ll have to use it all before the month is up or lose it forever. So long as you don’t expect Kohl’s Rewards to justify uneccessary purchases, but rather just act as a pleasant bonus when buying something you would have bought regardless, it’s worthwhile to enroll.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.