- Shares of Kodak spiked after the photo company announced it would launch its own form of blockchain technology dubbed “KodakCoin.”
- Kodak’s stock is up 66.91% at $US11.40 in pre-market trading on Wednesday. Shares soared as much as 136% on Tuesday, the day the news was initially announced.
- In partnership with WENN Digital, the new digital currency is intended to help photographers with image rights management.
- Several companies from iced tea to poker to cannabis have pivoted to blockchain and watched their shares skyrocket.
- The photo company’s stock is up 117.46% this year.
- To view Kodak’s stock price, click here.
To read about companies you wouldn’t expect to jump on the blockchain bandwagon, but have, click here.
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.