The Knicks collapsed last night, losing to the Pacers 112-104 after leading by 15 going into the fourth quarter.Here are some fun facts (gory details?) from that fourth quarter:
- The Knicks were outscored 40-17, turning a 87-72 lead after the third quarter into a 112-104 loss.
- It was the starters that blew it for the Knicks. Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony played all but 90 seconds of the quarter.
- The Pacers took 22 free throws, the Knicks took three.
- The Pacers got nine offensive rebounds
- They scored 40 points in the quarter, after scoring 41 points in the second and third quarters combined.
- Knicks players not named Carmelo Anthony made two shots in the quarter.
This game was the start of a vital stretch for the Knicks — they play Orlando, Chicago twice, and Milwaukee over the next 7 days. Needless to say it wasn’t the start they were looking for.
They could have used Jeremy Lin, who is currently stuck in a hospital bed after having knee surgery:
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.