Photo: Associated Press
Kleiner Perkins announced today that it is doubling the size of its iFund to $200 million, up from $100 million.The iFund is dedicated to funding startups building applications for the iPhone and iPad. It launched in 2008.
So far, Kleiner has made good bets. It has invested in Booyah, Cooliris, GOGII, iControl, InMobi, ngmoco, Pelago, Pinger, Shazam, Shopkick, Zynga mobile and three unannounced ventures.
In the release, it ticked off some stats on the companies its funded so far:
- More than $100 million of 2010 mobile revenue
- More than 100 million aggregate mobile downloads
- An amazing 18 titles reached the Top 10 on the App Store
It also added specific highlights on a per company basis:
- GOGII’s 5.5 million users have sent 2 billion messages through textPlus
- ngmoco’s titles are installed on over one-third of iPhone OS devices and played 20 million minutes each day
- Pinger launched 10 apps into the App Store Top 100 in a single month
- Shazam’s 50 million worldwide users are tagging over 2 million songs per day
- Booyah’s MyTown has over 1.6 million users doing 4 million location check-ins per day
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.