- HBO aired its making-of “Game of Thrones” documentary on Sunday.
- Toward the end of the two-hour special, Kit Harrington is seen wrapping up his final day on set.
- Coshowrunner D.B. Weiss says a few words about Harington to the crowd and gives him a hug. Harington then gives a short speech while getting emotional.
- “This will always be the greatest thing I’ll ever do and be a part of,” Harington said.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Kit Harington cried during the final “Game of Thrones” table read and he also shed some tears during his last day on set.
“I feel like my heart is breaking,” Harington told the cast and crew after he finished filming his final scenes on the HBO series.
Harington’s final moments on set were caught on camera during HBO’s two-hour documentary on the making of the show, “Game of Thrones: The Last Watch,” which premiered Sunday.
“I love this show more than I think, anything. It has never been a job for me. It’s been my life,” Harington said to a small group of people. “This will always be the greatest thing I’ll ever do and be a part of. You all have been my family. I love you for it. Thank you so much.”
Before Harington spoke, showrunner D.B. Weiss said a few words about the actor. The moment he told Harington his watch has ended, the actor became visibly emotional.
“It has been a hell of a watch for us and for these people and for so many people around the world,” said Weiss. “Thank you for being Jon Snow and thank you more than that for being you.”
On his final day to the set, Harington wore a crew jacket given to him by one of the extras on the show. On the front it says, “Game of Thrones Season VIII.” The left sleeve says the teams the crew member was a part of during the show. In this case, the crew member was part of the dragon and wolf units in Belfast during 2018. The the right sleeve reads, “The King in the North.”
The back of the jacket is very cool. It shows the direwolf sigil of the Stark house with the words “The North Remembers.”
“Game of Thrones: The Last Watch” is available to stream now on HBO. You can follow along with our “Game of Thrones” coverage here.
- Read more:
- 21 details you might have missed on the final episode of ‘Game of Thrones’
- Every major moment on ‘Game of Thrones’ that foreshadowed Daenerys Targaryen’s deadly character twist
- How that devastating ‘Game of Thrones’ finale death was an imperfect fulfillment of the show’s biggest prophecy
- Emilia Clarke says she knew about Daenerys Targaryen’s plot twist for 2 years: ‘It was so hard to keep it a secret’
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.