- Kim Kardashian West attended Versace’s pre-fall 2019 show in New York City on Sunday.
- The beauty mogul wore a chainmail-like minidress from Gianni Versace’s fall/winter 1997 collection to the event.
- Kardashian West’s vintage outfit is similar to one of Kendall Jenner‘s most daring looks.
- Back in November 2016, Jenner celebrated her 21st birthday in a custom-made silver minidress by LaBourjoisie’s Antoine Salameh.
- Jenner’s dress was inspired by the iconic Julien MacDonald design Paris Hilton wore to celebrate her 21st birthday in 2002.
Over the weekend, Kim Kardashian West stepped out in New York City wearing an outfit straight out of the ’90s.
The beauty mogul attended Versace’s pre-fall 2019 show on Sunday in a sparkly minidress with a plunging cowl neck from Gianni Versace’s fall/winter 1997 collection.
A longtime fan of vintage Versace designs and retro trends in general, Kardashian West paired the chainmail-like dress with a matching hair clip, two delicate cross necklaces, and clear, pointed-toe heels that looked nearly invisible.
For Kardashian-Jenner fans, the reality-TV star’s vintage look may call to mind one of Kendall Jenner’s most daring outfits.
Back in November 2016, the model celebrated her 21st birthday in a custom-made silver minidress by LaBourjoisie‘s Antoine Salameh. The sparkly design featured an open back and a plunging cowl neck held up by multiple sequined halter straps.
Like Kardashian West, Jenner accessorized the chainmail-like dress with clear heels.
In a now deleted post on her app and website, Jenner later revealed that the LaBourjoisie dress was inspired by the iconic Julien MacDonald design Paris Hilton wore to celebrate her 21st birthday in 2002.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- Kim Kardashian West shared a rare throwback photo from 2 decades ago – and her outfit is giving us total ’90s flashbacks
- Kris Jenner recording Kendall on her phone as she walked in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is all the internet can talk about
- Kendall Jenner wore a yellow minidress with ‘naked’ heels that look almost invisible
- From bike shorts to ‘naked’ fashion, here are 5 trends celebrities have made popular in 2018
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.