- Kim Kardashian West wore a latex blue minidress for a Met Gala after-party on Monday night.
- Her colourful ensemble was arguably more in line with the event’s “camp” theme than her red-carpet look.
- Kylie Jenner also changed into a turquoise mermaid-inspired look.
- Visit INSIDER.com for more stories.
Kim Kardashian West has become a Met Gala red-carpet staple in recent years, and on Monday night she proved that her iconic looks don’t stop once the event is over.
Kardashian West attended an after-party at the Up & Down club in New York City wearing a head-turning colourful latex minidress.
Kardashian West’s shiny blue dress featured a plunging neckline and tons of shimmering tassels, and she paired it with a silver fringed wig. A pair of blue heels and fingerless gloves completed the look.
The theme of this year’s Met Gala was “Camp: Notes on Fashion,” inspired by Susan Sontag’s 1964 Partisan Review essay “Notes on ‘Camp,'” in which Sontag defined the concept as “playful” and “anti-serious.”
Kardashian West’s extravagant after-party look arguably fit the “playful” theme more than her actual red-carpet outfit: a custom Thierry Mugler minidress covered in crystals that looked like water droplets from far away.
Her sister Kylie Jenner also upped the playful ante as she changed into a turquoise mermaid-inspired design.
When it comes to the Met Gala, it looks like the Kardashian/Jenner crew saved the best for last.
- Read more:
- The 25 best looks celebrities wore to the 2019 Met Gala
- The 15 best – and wildest – dressed celebrity couples at the 2019 Met Gala
- The 35 wildest looks celebrities wore to the 2019 Met Gala
- 28 of the most outrageous looks from the Met Gala
- Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about what it’s like to attend the celebrity-studded Met Gala
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.